Saturday, April 30, 2011

April 30 - Dog Talk - Not just for breakfast anymore!

Dog is the universal language!  Dogs may well be the good will ambassadors to the world.

I was walking down the street and passed a woman out walking her three dogs. There are an abundance of small spaniels, pekinese and pomeranian type compact pooches here.  Considering the small living quarters and tiny court yards in the hutongs (older Chinese neighborhoods) it makes perfect sense and evening dog walking is a common site. 

I stopped to take a photo and pet the dogs and I managed to blurt out “wo you er gou” pointing at myself, holding up two fingers and then pointing to the dogs. Which is something like “I have two dogs” This broke the ice and the woman and I started an animated “conversation” consisting of pantomime and gestures describing our dogs in detail.



No comments: