Saturday, May 31, 2008

Stop the wood chewing!!!!

Lad is a smart horse and a wonderful ride but for all his wonderful qualities has a very busy mouth. During the winter Lad began chewing on any wooden object within reach. I tried several products - paints and sprays designed to prevent cribbing and chewing. I even bought him toys, balls and objects to occupy his limber lips. All to no avail - Lad was on a one-horse mission. Lad seemed intent on reshaping my new wooden fence posts into interesting and clever shapes. I had become very frustrated and I was about ready staple his lips shut when I came across a number of large plastic pots I had saved from the nursery. I placed the sturdy black pots over the tops of my fence posts and secured them with a fence staple on the backside. Problem solved – no more chewing!!!

No comments: